Grimm Gears Up for the General Election
Monday, September 27, 2010 16:49 EDT
In this mailing sent today, GOP Congressional candidate Michael Grimm discusses how he is preparing for the November 2 General election. He has 5,000 Facebook friends compared to his Democratic rival’s 1,000, and secured the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police. He signed a pledge to de-fund ObamaCare.
Grimm is running for New York’s 13th Congressional District, which covers Staten Island and part of Brooklyn. Governor Palin endorsed Grimm on July 28, 2010, along with John Gomez for NY-2 who ran unopposed and won. US for Palin Publisher, Ron Devito is campaigning for Grimm. For the primary, Devito walked door-to-door in the 60th and 79th Election Districts, installed lawn signs in the 10314 zip code, called voters on primary day and closed the PS 36 poll. When Devito arrived to the victory celebration, Allegretti had already called Grimm to concede. Watch Grimm’s victory speech here. Devito is continuing his work for Grimm, in the midst of another door-to-door walking blitz in his own neighborhood and one to the west of his targeting voters in all parties.
|GRIMM GEARS UP FOR THE GENERAL
Welcome to this week’s email blast where you can keep track of Michael Grimm’s Congressional Campaign in NY-13. Find out about exciting developments, get updates, and follow the campaign all at once!
Grimm Gears Up For General
- Michael Grimm has signed the DeFundit.org pledge to de-fund ObamaCare, Chairman Alex Cortes, speaking on Michael Grimm’s pledge said:”By signing our pledge, Grimm has taken a leadership position in calling for the de-funding of ObamaCare as the first necessary step to fully repealing and replacing this unconstitutional, job-killing, fiscal train wreck. Americans and New Yorkers would have a friend in Congress with a principled veteran and public servant like Michael.” To read more click here.
- Michael Grimm called Congressman Michael McMahon’s new commercials “false advertising” following reports that McMahon showed his true colors as the loyal, liberal Democrat by clearly stating that he does not support the repeal of Obamacare. Read about it here or read the Staten Island Advance article here.
- Michael Grimm reaffirms that the people are in charge of the congressional race in NY-13 not the Staten Island Establishment stating, “I knew going into this what the landscape was. I’m an outsider…. The people are tired of the establishment”. Read about it here.
- CNN recognizes the movement that Michael Grimm referred to during his Primary Election speech stating “New York’s 13th congressional district may turn out to be a good bellwether for whether the GOP can ride the waves of anti-incumbent sentiment to take back some of the seats that they lost in the Democratic tsunamis of 2006 and 2008.” Read about it here.
- The New York Daily News features Michael Grimm in the article “N.Y. veterans lead the charge: Military men are running strong for the GOP”. Read about it here.
- KeyHouseRaces.com features Michael Grimm. Read it here.
- Michael Grimm was endorsed by the New York State Fraternal Order of Police (NYS-FOP), the oldest and largest national association of law enforcement professionals with over 20,000 members statewide. Read about it here.
- Michael Grimm was endorsed by Former Governor Mitt Romney who stated “New York – and our nation – deserves leaders who will put the interests of the people ahead of the special interests, and work to get our economy back on track.” Read about it here.
- Michael Grimm on Facebook has surpassed the 5,000 Fan milestone while Michael McMahon’s Facebook support has yet to break the 1,000 mark. If you are not yet a Facebook Fan of Michael Grimm, join the Movement and become one today.
New Volunteers are joining the team daily as Michael Grimm kicks up his door to door and events schedule in both Staten Island and Brooklyn.
Look out for new and exciting developments this week as we approach the General Election, which is less than 6 weeks away.
We thank you so much for your support.
Michael Grimm is a Marine Combat Veteran of the Persian Gulf, former FBI undercover agent and a small businessman running for Congress in New York’s 13th District.
For more information about his campaign or to donate, please go to www.GrimmforCongress.com.
You can also follow @Grimm4Congress on and
Grimm for Congress, 2381 Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island, NY 10306 (718) 887-3732
Paid for by Michael Grimm for Congress.
Copyright © 2010 Michael Grimm. All rights reserved.