Governor Palin addressed several key issues regarding the health care bill in her latest Facebook post on the subject. Succinctly, they are:
- Debate was ended on the bill without anyone reading or understanding its content (Palin, 2009, Â¶1).
- Death Panels and rationing are back in the form of the “Independent Payment Advisory Board,” and the provision supporting this board cannot be amended or repealed except by 2/3 majority (Palin, 2009, Â¶1).
- Senator DeMint expressed doubts that the super-majority amendment/repeal rule is constitutional (Palin, 2009, Â¶2).
- “In other words, Democrats are protecting this rationing ‘death panel’ from future change with a procedural hurdle. You have to ask why they’re so concerned about protecting this particular provision. Could it be because bureaucratic rationing is one important way Democrats want to ‘bend the cost curve’ and keep health care spending down? (Palin, 2009, Â¶3).
- The Congressional Budget Office ties rationing to cost (Palin, 2009, Â¶4-6).
- “This health care bill is one of the most far-reaching and expensive expansions of the role of government into our lives. We’re talking about putting one-seventh of our economy under the government’s thumb. We’re also talking about something as intimate to our personal well-being as medical care” (Palin, 2009, Â¶7).
- “The administration’s promises of transparency and bipartisanship have been broken one by one. This entire process has been defined by midnight votes on weekends, closed-door meetings with industry lobbyists, and payoffs to politicians willing to sell their principles for sweetheart deals. Is it any wonder that Americans are so disillusioned with their leaders in Washington (Palin, 2009, Â¶9)?
In 10 paragraphs, Governor Palin delineated clearly why the proposed government take-over of health care is dangerous to our personal and economic health — indeed to our continued existence as a constitutional republic. Legislators are passing bills without reading them; they’re making bills more difficult to repeal, and trampling the Constitution in the process. The government takeover of health care quite is socialism run amok brought about by a hard leftist president and his cronies in Congress. What we are bearing witness to is Chicago machine politics brought to the national level.
Governor Palin concluded with, “This is about politics, not health care. Americans don’t want this bill. Americans don’t like this bill. Washington has stopped listening to us. But we’re paying attention, and 2010 is coming” (Palin, 2009, Â¶10),
January 20, 2013 is coming thereafter and on that day the White House and indeed all of Washington, D.C. will be cleansed and purged.
The complete original transcript of Governor Palin’s Facebook post is accessible via the link in the reference list.